Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Katchoo and Tambi

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Eudaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This could contain spoilers if you haven't read to the current issue.


    I am wondering, when did Katchoo find out that Tambi and Bambi were her sisters? I've been rereading everything but I don't remember if it ever showed her finding out or if she just knew from her days with darcy.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When Katchoo was living with Darcy in Los Angeles from 1988 to 1992. Tambi investigated Katchoo's background around the time that she met Darcy, and soon discovered the truth. Both Tambi and Bambi, the wicked half-sisters, called Katchoo "Cinderella" in mocking acknowledgement. This nickname dates to the Los Angeles period. "Hey, Cinderella, tic toc. Come on Princess, I told you it was just a matter of time."

    ------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Eudaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2001
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you for the info, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something smile (well I was but its clearer now.


    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member JettGrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 1999
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've wondered about this myself. Thanks for the info. I kinda figured a background check would have been done. But more questions arise...do ya suppose the Baker sisters told Katchoo what they knew? Did they all know and live unhappily with the knowledge until the deal with Sal was all done and Katchoo could be 'released' from her Parker Girl association? Did T and B know, but not Kat until Tambi was dealing one on one with the little sister?
    This is an intruiging relationship to me, especially considering the years spent in hatred (and fear) of each other, and know ing that each of them are loyal to friends and family. I'm pleased to see that they can share the sibling relationship and seem happier for it.

    ------------------
    She don't need advice that you send to her. She's happy the way she looks, she's happy with her gender.~JJ

    See that star...the one shining brighter than all the others? I know the girl who hung it there.
    ~Francine

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I could be wrong, but I thought at some point it was established that Katchoo left home and was looking for her sisters when she started working for Darcy. It was never stated that she *knew* Tambi and Bambi were them or that they *knew* that she was their sister, but it heavily implied that all knew, but didn't say they knew. And that the first acknowledgement we have in the comics is Katchoo calling Tambi by her given name, not her nickname, during the dot.com storyline. Not sure if this helps or confuses more LOL

    ------------------
    Selah

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Thrasymachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2001
    Posts
    232
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bambi told "Pancake" Lars: "The kid grew up and came looking for us in L.A.". And Tambi told Katchoo "I know every move you've made since you were sixteen." Katchoo was sixteen when she dropped out of school and moved to Los Angeles and met Emma. Emma introduced her to Darcy. Bambi and Tambi were already on Darcy's staff. One of Tambi's duties was to do background checks on all of Darcy's acquaintances. She soon discovered that Katchoo was her half-sister. She shared this knowledge with Bambi but not with Darcy or Sal, because the Big Six would have instantly liquidated Bambi, Tambi, and Katchoo. Besides the resentment of the legitimate offspring toward the bastard, Bambi and Tambi had the resentment of the servant toward the pet. Tambi's contempt for Katchoo's self-indulgent and self-destructive behavior was written on her face when she carried Katchoo out of the Pink Mink in 1989. "I'm tired of chasing prima donnas like you all over the world." This resentment boiled over in 1992 when Katchoo, Emma, and the money disappeared. By this time Katchoo had become an adept in the secret arts and would have discovered the family relationship by herself even if Tambi had not admitted it to her. Tambi never called Katchoo by her first name or nickname, only "Choovanski", to emphasize the fact that she has a different mother. This suddenly changed in December 1999 just before the showdown with Sal. Bambi never called her anything but Cinderella.

    ------------------
    Peregrinator in paradiso.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner AsIs's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 1999
    Posts
    1,777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Thrasymachos!

    ------------------
    Selah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •